Our roof ventilation solutions help minimise the damaging effect that heat and moisture have in your roof.
What Happens In The Home Without Roof Ventilation?
- In our harsh Australian environment radiant heat penetrates through the roof causing temperatures to rise and radiate into living areas, this heat can be within one foot of your head height.
- Daily activities such as laundry, cooking and showers create moisture that rises into the roof space.
- When heat and moisture combine, they can greatly damage shingles, trusses, rafters, the roof deck and painted surfaces.
- Proper roof ventilation can minimise the damaging effect that heat and moisture have in your roof.
- During winter, excess moisture accumulates in the attic causing mould, mildew and wood rot.
How Does Roof Ventilation Solve These Issues?
- By removing the hot air trapped within the roof space, they help keep your home cooler in summer.
- This in turn leads to reduced need for air conditioning, or if the air con is still required, it reduces the load on the conditioner rewarding you with lower running costs and energy bills
- A well-ventilated roof space also increases the effectiveness of roof insulation installed specifically to prevent hot roofs radiating heat into your home
- By removing moisture in the roof and wall cavities and keeping them dry and fresh, roof ventilators prevent mould from building up in winter.
- By protecting your roofing fixtures & fittings from damage by heat and moisture and prolonging the life of your roof itself.